Sunday, September 27, 2015

#Talkative Thoughts - The shy side of emotions.

#TalkativeThoughts : A segment where I write and write and write about my thoughts running through my mind, sometimes a little disorganized (perhaps most of the time). The chitter chatter of my thoughts expressed through the tapping of my keyboard. In short, a wordy post.  

I wrote this random piece of work while I was waiting for my friend during my recent trip to KL. Just sharing my random talkative thoughts as usual. 

When you are in "the moment", right when everything is happening so vividly around you, you will naturally feel the emotions of it all. Whether it is the hyper, light-heated feeling when you are hanging out with your best pals; or the very painful, heartbreaking feeling when you see someone you love walking away from you. Those are the feelings that often hit you the hardest. They are the very attention-seeking feelings, demanding to be attended, yelling to be felt by you.

But there is also another kind of feelings. If the previous kind of feelings is a crash of waves, this kind is the slight ripple in the still waters. These are the feelings you feel after all the noise and drama is all over, after a long day, and you reach home physically tired, sort of drunk in tiredness, and your mind is blurry. This is the time you feel the emotions submerged under your exhausted body. It is often subtle, barely there, the very introverted side of emotions.

There are days when you lie in bed after a shower, right before falling asleep, and you feel very contented and grateful for the day to be over, no matter how good or bad it went. There may be days when you feel empty, as if the fun and chatter of your hangouts with friends that day is merely a blurry image, and you feel disconnected from that whole hype, and you feel rather alone.

These quiet emotions always remind me of what I really, truly feel inside. Not just at the specific moment, but it gives a more general picture of how I am feeling. However, no matter good or bad, happy or sad, most importantly, it always tells me that it is time to rest my body and mind, and a new day awaits. And this is the thought that makes it all alright again. 





Hope you are having a good Sunday to end the week. :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment